the rock is

The Rock is a causal contemporary church that values authenticity. We meet at West Acres Cinema at 10 am each Sunday. This is the Personal blog of Pastor Scott J Kruse.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Deeper Rock: Rich & Satisfying Life John 10:10

Deeper Rock: Rich & Satisfying Life John 10:10 

John 10:10 (NLT) —“The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.”

I know a couple of things about you. I know that the call of God is on your life. I know that there is a you-shaped hole in our world. There are blessings that God intends people to have that only you can give.

I know that there is a thief and a liar who also has a plan for your life. His plan is simply to kill you and destroy your soul in hell.

In this verse, we see the contrast between Satan's plan for your life and God's plan for your life. The thief's purpose for you is to steal every good thing that God ever intended for you. He wants to kill your joy and take away all the flavor from your life. He wants to leave you always searching and never finding peace.

In contrast, we see what Jesus wants for you. He wants to see you spiritually rich and satisfied. He wants you to know the richness that is laughter and joy. He wants you to know a life full of his love. The life that Jesus intends for you is full of grace and peace and joy and and passion.

As if that's not enough, Jesus promises a satisfying life. He can say that with boldness, because he knows that becoming what you were created to be is the only way you will ever find satisfaction. In the words of the Rolling Stones, "I can't get no satisfaction, but I try." God created you specifically and uniquely for his purpose. Satisfaction comes by knowing you are living out that purpose.

It doesn't come from being better than somebody else. It doesn't come from attaining some goal. Satisfaction comes from being who you were created to be. God does not need my talent. He does not need my creative ideas or ambitious plans. All he wants from me is my devotion and obedience.

That's how I can rest and be satisfied. I can close my eyes with a smile on my face, knowing I did the best I could to serve him. In that, I am satisfied.

I hope that, soon, you'll be able to visit us at the Rock and become all that you were created to be.

May the Lord richly bless you, and I hope to see you in church on Sunday.


Pastor Scott J Kruse