the rock is

The Rock is a causal contemporary church that values authenticity. We meet at West Acres Cinema at 10 am each Sunday. This is the Personal blog of Pastor Scott J Kruse.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rock Money Pledge "I will not rob you by not talking about money"


The Third part of my money pledge is I will not rob those at Rock by not talking about money.

I love the scripture and believe it is though that wisdom that God longs to bless us. Contained in his word

- advice about saving
- advice about lending
- advice about working
- advice about accouning
- advice about giving
- advice about receiving

Remember our first blog in this series where I told you

3 of every 4 parables dealt with $ & possessions

In the Gospels, 1 of 10 verses deal directly with money.

2300 verses in the Bible. 5 times as many as prayer and faith.

Check out this verse Mal 3.10
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease.* Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies. 12 “Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies.

Holy Bible: New Living Translation

God is so Bold here! It is the only place he says test me.

If God is so bold, who am I  to centure God. No, if I am to be a preacher of His word that is what I am going to do.

Furthermore, having found the incredible blessing that has come from handling my finances God’s way, particularly in tithing, how big of jerk would I have to be to refuse to expose those I love to that truth for fear that they may misunderstand my intentions. You see, it is pride and insecurity that tries to prevent preachers from telling the truth about tithing. We fear that you will think we are trying to take advantage of you.

I will not do it, I love my people to much to hold back the blessing that I have found in my own life in the area of finances. Even if that means that because of the reputation that others have earned some may think ill of me and my intentions.

I will not rob you of God’s blessing by not talking about finances. I love you to much.

May the Lord richly bless you and I hope to see at the Rock on Sunday.

Pastor Scott J Kruse